Union Mason Contractors in 32 counties of North and Central Illinois and Northwest Indiana were surveyed to obtain the cost information that
follows. More than 69 commonly used masonry wall types, plus masonry paving applications, are shown. There is literally an infinite possibility of combinations of materials for most wall thicknesses.
Cost figures as shown on the following pages are based on:
- Labor and materials costs as of June. 1, 2007 - May 31, 2008
- Composite walls are wire tied.
- All masonry units laid in running bond.
- Wall sections estimated are 10' by 10' without openings, piers, off-sets or corners. (walls with numerous
- openings, piers and off-sets will increase square foot costs)
- All flashing, weep holes, movement joints, wall ties, cleaning and striking are all included
The cost figures shown in this booklet should be used for informational and educational purposes only, not for estimating masonry work. These
figures are not to be viewed as actual prices for masonry construction in the Midwest area. Specific masonry wall costs are determined by a mason contractor and must, of course, be based upon actual plans, specifications,
site conditions and season of construction.